Pages

25.6.11

Day 101: Red

Coz sometimes all we need is a little bit of red nailpolish thats called "Chelsea Cherry" and everything is alright again!

PS! I just discovered something and its a wonderful discovery. See, I recieved a crazy wonderful sweet encouraging letter yesterday from a friend who said I should not give up when it comes to music. And he asked me some important questions and so today I made a huge list of something something. And then came to my computer and went through some folders with my songs in it and you know what, over the last 4 years I have written 9 songs. 9 SONGS!! Do you get it? I mean before music school I didnt even know what writing a song means and I have 9 now. They might not be the best ones in the whole world but they are mine and they have been given to me. And that gave me a big big hope. That I am not hopeless and I actually can write music. Me, Kirsi. :)

3 comments:

Chris said...

I'm glad you realized that. Yes, you can write songs!! And you DEFINITELY need to record!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Well, in this economy/market, it is hard (not to say impossible) to expect anything from the audience without really putting time and effort into the craft. There are a lot of people out there with the ability to sing who lack all of the artistic attributes, so they could never maintain on there own and will be choir-singers. That´s not a bad thing though but I´m just saying as well, if you already have experience with recording and writing individually, you have some tracks out, you´ve got good feedback and most improtantly, you love the art and would love to pursuit a professional career at it, just try going for it. Recording isn´t really that expensive these days. You could make some noise recording in someone´s home studion, getting instrumentals for free, from like-minded producers. Try it out.

Kirsika said...

Thats the thing. I know that if Id record then I WANT TO be sure that there would be people who actually wanna buy my cd-s. And actually most of my friends are musicians so I just have to really think now what I want and how I want it. But I know that I need to start somewhere or it will never ever ever happen... :)So I´ll see. Im pretty sure that something will happen soon. I HOPE and pray that!