Pages

14.5.11

Day 59: The date

Now how many of you remember your first real date? :) I do. Because I never really had boyfriends and all this nonsense (haha) until I was 19. And My first real date was when I was 21. Not so long ago... I must say it was something to remember! I was just falling in love with Latvia and then cabummshubumm! This tall handsome guy asked my out. ME??!!!?? I was shocked and nervous and didn´t understand why ME? From all the beautiful girls he chose me to ask out. So I had just bought a new dress which I still have and sometimes I wear it... Anyway he took me to a wonderful restaurant, we ate something delicious. Later on he ordered me a yummy dessert, a cake with ruspberries! And after dinner and a wonderful conversation he asked me to go for a walk over the lake where we fed the swans and just talked... I had these gorgeous golden shoes and he had a black suit and we were just beautiful! :) Something to remember huh?
Well let me tell you this, if you are a woman and reading this, IT IS OK TO DREAM!! Don´t give up coz some weird jerks have hurted you or someone has been bad to you. And don´t give up coz you are 18 and thinking, I haven´t had any date yet. MINE WAS when I was 21!!!! Get that? Don´t you dare think you are not worthy to be looked at! Coz you are! I thought I was no one! But the truth is I have ALWAYS been someone. With a boy and without a boy!
And if you are a man and reading this, then hey??? What´s it takes to be a gentleman? N0w get my words, YOU ARE a prince! Coz you are and dont you dare say otherwise!!!!!! And whats it takes to ask a princess out? I mean stop if you are 15 and thinking that dating is fun and shalallala! But if you are a man and thinking that you are so lonely and blablabla... then start being a man and just do smth about this! I mean sometimes yes, we need to wait... BUT NOT OUR WHOLE LIVES!!! God might not give you a burning bush that says the name of the girl you are gonna marry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He may but also may not!!!
And women??? Sometimes we are way freaking modest thinking that we should just sit in our homes and God just send a man under our windows!!! Nope. I mean dont just wait around and knit in your own corner. Go to places, see people... Well. I hope you dont get me wrong here. It is still a man´s job and opportunity to pursue a woman...! :)
I love this blog already. I think I am right in saying these thing. And hope you got the idea! And believe me there is no such a thing as: I am so old and I will never find anyone!!! COZ THIS IS NOT THE TRUTH here! OOOh and you young people, don´t think that I am 15 and I HAVE to have someone or I´ll die!! Enjoy your single time. It is a good time. NOT a bad one!
:) Hugs from your cherrygirl

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the way you talk about love and dating. it is so beautiful!!!
liked the post reallly much. And Kirss i must say, it is much better to be 21 on your first date than 15! if i only could turn back the time, i'd have waited till 21. but hey, what's done is done :)
I check your blog for new posts like 3 times a day!! keep it up :)
blessings!

n[ii] said...

yeah, indeed there are some that leave the traces in our lives..and I also would like to call them weird jerks that don't know what they want themselves . but also God loves them even though they have made some girls life miserable or have made girl suffer. weird to acknowledge it, cause smtime ago used to hurt so much and not even speak about forgiveness...

well just wanted to say -I like your blog a lot and the way you write,you write like you mean it, how u see the things :) and that it makes so special, so you :)
blessings !

Lydia said...

:-) I miss you so much. Not only do I remember those golden shoes, I think I met you the day *after* that first date. :-) I can so picture it all. Anyway, good stuff, my friend. Keep preaching it.

Anonymous said...

An honest and sincere post, about an actual and relevant theme. I concur with what is being said on general basis with the exception of saying that it´s a man´s "job" to pursue the girl. Trust me, I understand what you mean by it but just speaking from a man´s perspective right now, if you have formerly been in situations (friendships, maybe...) with young ladies and you have had legitimate grounds for hoping to have more from it, yet it hasn´t happen, the confidence just takes a few steps back. So, it might be difficult to approach people not to say pursuing them. At the same, step by a step...day by a day...experience by experience, it can be done, it just takes time. We´re all different and you are completely right - it all starts with us treating ourselves as jewels first and foremost. It´s just a shame that be can´t read other´s mind on some occasions, right? And then, it´s the beauty of the situation as well, so go figure.