Pages

5.3.13

Pärnu

Last Friday I went to Pärnu for 3 days which in the end turned out to be 4 days but Ill get into that.
So, I arrived to Pärnu, had the most warm welcome by Karin (she and Sven are the pastors of the church I went to) and was taken to their home, so I could rest a bit and leave my stuff there. After that we drove to the church which is the most non-typical church ever. I have been there once before which was some years ago now, so it was not new to me, but if youre not to going to church anyway then it can be a bit interesting. For me in an absolutely positive way! ;)
As I was introduced to some of the youth and felt like home straight away, I got a guitar, practiced a bit and the night could start! First I led a bit of worship (which I still find so very hard to do without a team behind me) and shared my testimony. I was so so happy to see how people listened and ate my words and honestly when I try to think back of what I shared, I have no idea. All I know is that I opened up my heart and it just flowed out of me! And that was just wonderful. After the youth-night we drove back to Karin-Sven´s place and a bit later Kenneth (youth pastor and just a cool person) joined us! We had a great talk together and shared our stories, ate yummy stuff and went to bed.
The next day started late, coz we didnt have anything planned for the morning, so around 12 I was taken to church again to share about worship (ughhh I absolutely dislike the word seminar, so it was not a seminar, it was more like a fellowship time together)! :) Im so thankful how everyone had something to say, how all the kids, youth said stuff from their heart and Im still processing of all I heard. Some of the ideas and thoughts were just brilliant. How everybody sees worship in a different level and how worship can mean so many things... Thankfulthankfulthankful!
By the time we went to Sindi to play some sports, I was already a bit tired but no big deal. Had a big yummy doughnut which made me feel sick afterwards, hahaha, and the day could continue. So they have kids coming together every Saturday to play sports and I even participated a bit. If you can say that. I mean IM AFRAID of balls. I remember my last sportsclass in high school and how I was like, heck, NEVER again! Something to deal with, one day Ill tell you the full story of my fear of sports...
And then around 8pm we were back at church and the girls-group time started. Oh boy, I was tired then. I felt like I have nothing to give anymore and it seemed like I can just drop through the ground, but God came, intervened and helped me. I know it coz I had no strength left... But I do have a GOOD Father who loves me and all the girls there and He knew what they needed to hear! Im happy!
But the next morning I woke up was crazy. I had shivers going through all my body, I was aching everywhere and could not feel my head anymore, I had the strongest migraine headache Ive ever had + fever after many many years of no fever. So there I was, I knew I had one more day to go, but I couldnt even move myself, so Im so thankful to Karin. She is like my mum, she just let me be, made me eat and rest... I mean, I just couldnt travel so I was taken back home yesterday (Im thankful for that also, coz I actually had a very good talk with Kenneth) so I have been sleeping today and just drinking tons of water...
But you know what. After 2 days of giving so much out its so obvious how things try to bring you down. I mean I have a BIG God and a good God, so even in this situation I know why I was in Pärnu and why I had to do what I did, so no sickness, no heaviness can tell me it was not worth it! I have been struggling with food for the last 3 days now and men, it sucks, all these thoughts in my head but at the same time, I AM worth so much more than that! I am His Princess!
So I know it was a long blog-post but I just really wanted to share what Ive been up to and what is going on in my heart. There is so much more to come, I know it! There is so much ahead of me and my trip to Pärnu was just a small glimpse of what is yet to come! :)
Kirsi

No comments: