Pages

17.3.12

No numbers

Im not gonna put any numbers anymore on top of the posts coz I think I have lost my count. Anyway I know that yesterday was my anniversary for 1 year of Bala and in a way it was one of the hardest day here so far coz of the cold I have. I havent been sick for 3 years at least, not with a cold. And its like you cant breathe and you have to carry toilet-roll with you everywhere you go, haha. Not funny! :) Im just glad I have a family here who cares for me so much they are ok bringing me more medicine 9.30 pm... I really needed the stuff coz Im better today already. I hope so at least. I think I had a tiny bit of fever as well but who knows since I dont own anything to measure it with. But its ok, sometimes not knowing is better... :)
But back to the video I made yesterday. I just wanted to share a little story how I came to that, why I did it and what is going on. So, as you might remember last year in the beginning of July I was kind of in a place I didnt know what to do anymore, yes, I was singing, but it was getting harder to always find someone to play with. And I have a friend in Est who just told me fair and blunt I need to study an instrument. And I was like, heck, me? I cant do it and who are you to tell me I can? But it got me to a point I couldnt get his ideas out of my heart and I started. In July 2011 I started with my own studies and I tell you it hasnt been easy. With no teacher around. Im thankful for thousands of tutorials online, but still there has been noone to check how I am (except in Christmastime for one day I had a teacher) doing and if Im doing smth wrong etc. Anyway the first 3 months I practised so much I did a little damage to my wrist and didnt play for a month after that and then started again. It was mostly repeating all over again the chords and the changes etc.
So yesterday to actually make the video, well, it def was jumping over some rocks for me. To dare to really record smth and put it online? I mean its been so easy with Margus, he plays I sing. Thats how its always been. So Im just learning how to do the 2 together. :) And that song was by far the hardest one to translate, SO MANY WORDS... hehe... :)
Alright. So there you go. But Im sure at one point I know Im gonna have a teacher and someone to guide me where to go and what to do. Maybe when I move back to Estonia in future! ;)
Hugggs
Kirsi

No comments: