Pages

13.8.12

One Way Part I

So the long lost Eesti-girl is back. I had the best internet-fast ever. 9 days without no connection to the world and it was great. I was 100% devoted to this camp and that was why I went to Latvia. Oh where do I even start. There is so very meny (inside joke) I want to share with you that... oi-oi-oi! :)
Ill start from the very first day. I left on Saturday, the 4th of August (and came back on the 12th). Had to take a bus from Pärnu and I knew there will be someone picking me up from Riga. I love Riga bus-station. There is something cozy about this place. I know many will think now Im strange but the thing is that its ok coz I am strange in my very cherry-way! ;)
Met Andra and from there on my adventures began. She is such a sweetheart and I think it was no coincidence that she picked me up coz we also ended up sharing a room together! :)
Anyway, back to day nr.1. So as I said I had no idea where Im going and what is waiting for me at the camp-place. So when we finally made it there, I had the worst doubts ever. I was like, what the heck am I doing here. I didnt know anyone, I was the only Estonian and I was put to clean the place straight away. Oh me and my attitude. :D
So I remember sitting on my bed the first night and writing in my diary that I wanna go home (seriously?)... The cabins were small, and I found out that I was also suppose to be one of the small-group leaders. Which didnt make me happy at all coz Im not good with kids. At least I thought so. But God has its own ways.
Yes. So the next day was also a preparation day. Tons of cleaning and getting the place ready for kids. But I woke up with a different feeling somehow. I was beginning to feel better. But I was still grumpy inside asking myself what am I doing there...
As I was so selfish I didnt even notice the people the first day. I was like, Im gonna do it but its hard... On Monday when the kids arrived, something changed. It was as if God told me that Im not there for myself, but for the kids. That Im there to give out, to be challenged and molded and to be an encouragement to others. I started to connect with the team and I felt part of them. As an only Estonian they started calling me cherry or the Eesti-girl! :) And of course since it was an English camp there was also a group from the UK! YAY, that was the biggest blessing ever.
So as I started to see things in brighter colors I realized that its so not about me and my big ego. I thought Im gonna go and make a change, but I also started to see a change in me. Its so hard to explain what I was experiencing.
During the week I shared my story with many. I went to girls and told them what I believed God asked me to tell them. And it was so beautiful. SO precious to see these girls opening up like flowers and I know that even though its only a small seed, it will GROW and it will leave a mark in them. I met so wonderful people. People that I can and will call my family. The team for the camp was quite big (I think 40-50 people, dont really know anymore) and what an amazing heart each and every one of them had. So serving and loving, giving and expecting nothing back. I saw people who gave out so much, who didnt sleep coz things needed to be done, who served!
I laughed, shared, worshiped, sang, encouraged, jumped, ran, talked, cried, played games... I was me. I was  just me and that was enough.
And I also want to share what happened to me there personally. So on the third day Rebeka (the BOSS) came and asked if Id like to lead worship for the team only on the next day (we had 8am meetings each morning for the team)... And I was like, I cant do this. I cant play and sing at the same time, Ill just loose it and I dont know and plaplapla but something inside me was telling me to do it, to go for it... So I printed some songs out and decided to practice for a few hours that day. Which I did. The next morning I thought Im ready... But then God decided to intervene and take over. Which He did. And I have to say I havent experienced such freedom in worship for a long long time. I actually led worship with a guitar. And it was AWESOME. So yes. I can do as much as I want, but where the Spirit of the Lord is there is Freedom. ;)

Coming back home was the hardest part. I kind of left a piece of my heart there. To Latvia-land. Yes. I cried, girls cried, boys didnt cry (haha) but I had to come back. I have so many things happening in the coming 2 weeks I have stopped counting. :)

I think I will share a few more things another day. Im too tired to think anymore...
Nu labi.
Love, cherry

No comments: