Pages

31.10.11

Day 228: Back to counting.

No. Actually Im not counting. Im just saying this. I mean, in way I am but in a way Im not, coz Im not planning to leave by any tick-tack clock. And my ppl here are trying all kind of ways to make me stay anyway.
Alright. My last week was just over my head crazy. I came back a week ago from today and worked straight 5 days in a row so today is my first day off actually. Had to deal with tiredness, jet lag, stomach pain, sleepless nights etc. But somehow in the midst of all this I had this strange peace like Im being held safe in Gods hands. And to tell you the truth, I AM! (: I am being held there so strong and firm that falling seems impossible.
So last week just passed by working and preparing for the wedding of N+S. I was just having nice time with Nathalie while doing last bits and pieces and having dinners together etc after work. And now she is a married woman. Sometimes it does feel like everyone I know and are close to me, decides to get married or engaged or in a relationship... And I love it! (: Haa, Im sure you thought Im gonna say that it makes me sad. No. It makes me dream instead. Dream that these lovestories have something to do with my own one day. That they are all preparing me for something bigger. That all of these people have a part of my life. And they will always have. So, no, Im not sad. Im happy.
So Nathalie´s wedding on Saturday was all I could hope for. All she dreamt about came true. Except the rainbow-part, but what mattered was that they were enjoying themselves. The ceremony was so joyful, so happy. They had worship which Im so gonna have as well one day. Beautiful speeches, words, prayers spoken over their life together etc. And ofc the yes-word from both of them. And a big kiss! ;)
So after that everyone headed towards our B&B for a small reception with champagne and cake. And we had an opportunity to sneak away with N+S for some pictures. I was helping Paul. I took over 700 pics that day (just a small fact) and Paul the same amount. Later we joined everyone for a cake.
Oh I have to mention the little "funny thing" that happened there. I just have to. I have told you about R and his desperate intention to find me a suitable man here. So at one point he looks at me and says with a sneaky face that he wants to introduce me to someone special. Im already wanting to RUN. But then he takes me to this nice gentleman and we actually talked quite a lot that night. But anyway, now that just made me laugh. Thats how much he wants me to stay in Wales. Or maybe he just wants to make me happy! Dunno. Anyway... :)
Then we headed to the dinner-party place. Oh wow. What a great evening. I was put to the main-table next to some lovely people so I actually had some wonderful time with them. Food was so good, well, I ate very little of eat coz of all the excitment and running I needed to do that day, cakes yummy, what else do you need.
So at one point I needed to sing a little song for them (and again I realized Im not a performer. I can so easily worship, I mean I can just soak there and not worry what ppl think of me, but singing to 100 ppl who stare at you, it just freaks me out) and after the dinner was over we moved upstairs. And then the real party started. MUSIC. I danced 3-4 hours straight, who knows anymore. But now, 1,5 days later - my feet still hurt. A LOT! Thats how much I danced. Plus I had boots with heels on and that didnt help a bit. So I just enjoyed myself. I didnt care about anything in these hours. Just danced my heart out. Yes. Thats what I did. And surprisingly I still have my heart! ;)
Wow. So I actually felt like Im a part of Nathalie´s day. Coz I started around 9 am in her room, taking pictures of every detail, preparations etc... And then we moved on. I was just there for her and I felt needed. What a wonderful and beautiful day.
So now Im taking 2 days off. Finally getting rid of my nails (I let them grow for the 2 weddings I had), practising some guitar hopefully, visiting Paul and Rosie, going through wedding pictures. Yes. What a great chance to just rest.
Oh now you´re probably thinking what guitar. Well, that was suppose to be my big secret coz I had a plan with surprising someone with me playing but it never worked out so now I dont care who knows who doesnt. About 3-4 months ago I decided to start learning guitar. I have tons of free time here in my evenings and so I practised and practised and learned new things until I overplayed and hurted my hand really bad. And now the last time I touched a guitar was a month ago. So Im about to try again! With God´s grace.
(: Alright you all, have a beautiful week. Enjoy God´s little kisses and His love for you!
Kirsi

No comments: