Pages

13.10.10

Vali Vabadus

4 years ago. My graduation. The time I was set free.

So I did it. I gave lectures about eating disorders. 5 times telling my story isnt easy. I didnt cry or anything, it was just a bit weird. Seriously, how do you tell girls that you didnt had your period for 2-3 years and your weight was just 44 kilos when you were 18 years old. Not nice things or not comfortable things.
SO I sat there on my first lesson on Monday and I had all kinds of thoughts in my head. WHAT should I tell them, where should I start. I know, Im gonna be more clever next time, Im gonna make some internet stuff to show them and some powerpoint stuff and some keywords to myself because in so many times I lost where I was going. But all of them listened. Not one of them looked bored. Because it was MY STORY. My story of freedom. How He set me free.
Some of them had questions. Some of them didnt say anything. BUT I said something to all of them. I didnt tell them how they HAVE to live their lives. I just told them how beautiful they looked and how this world is messing that up. How everything around us tells us what we have to look like and what measures we have to have. BUT we have a choice to make. We can choose to go into this addiction (eating disorder is like any other addiction) or we can choose to stay the way we were made and maybe do a little sport instead.

I love my God, my Daddy, who set me free 4 years ago so I could be me today. I love that I am engaged now. I love it. I love that I have a wedding to attend to next year on the 4th of June. How great is that? Hah? :)
I love that I can eat and pray and love (even though I disliked the movie)! :)

2 comments:

Merle Rüütel said...

You brought the tears into my eyes!

You are just one amazing person, Kirss!

Take care!!!

Love,

Merle

chris said...

I'm so proud of you, my dear, dear friend!!!!! How we miss you!!!!!