Pages

20.8.08

Pigeons

Pigeons and doves constitute the family Columbidae within the order Columbiformes, which include some 300 species of near passerine birds. In general parlance the terms "dove" and "pigeon" are used somewhat interchangeably.
In the
New Testament a dove is the symbol of the Holy Spirit.

Now my dear friend, ure probably wondering why the crap is she writing about pigeons... Well the answer it pretty simple. Because for 5-6 days those stupid birds have been behind my window fighting or making love. Its sounds stupid I know but I dont know what to do with them anymore. I have tried to scare them away by knocking at the window or by yelling at them but they wont leave so Im kind of confused. What next?
And the thing is that when I change the room they seem to follow me. Right now Im in the living room and guess what? They were just behind the window. In the mornings I wake up to the lovely sound of pigeons. Yesterday when I was cleaning I suddenly saw one one them who had no feather anymore. Well it had some but most of it was lost. This thing looked su ungly so I almost threw up...
So I decided to look up some information about pigeons, doves and what I found? That a dove is a the symbol of Holy Spirit. So I was kind of wondering here that maybe God wants to remind me something through the birds that I kind of hate... Yeah, pigeons and crows are basically the only birds that Ive always hated, sounds cruel hah?
Well here I am thinking what is going on. We have never had any birds except Hirundos outside our window or balcony and now there are like MANY pigeons flying and making my day... So maybe, just maybe God has something to say to me...

1 comment:

Hanna-Marie Fitzgerald said...

Keep on praying about it girl, as thats what God might often do, speak to us through the things that are most "odd" to us.. :)